Sunday, January 25, 2009

Guilt

Now that I've said some good about teachers....I feel sort of guilty. :>

One of my biggest pet peeves is when teachers give you tedious, boring, and useless assignments that, in my opinion, are a big waste of time. These assignments, such as boring crosswords, and worksheets that you don't learn from at all, waste your time, and get in the way of other productive things you might be doing.

I find them in every class. In every class, there are assignments that are boring and are given SOLELY for the purpose of.... homework. ugh! Well, maybe i've exaggerated, not EVERY class. But once in a while, there are assignments like coloring art, or finding jumbles of words in a mass of letters. There might be ONE thing good about those worthless assignments: They give you free points, unless, you're like some people, and you don't do them.

There've been so many times where I arrived home and had to spend an hour or so coloring a dumb worksheet (The long time probably was my fault. I can't color something unless I make it perfect.........) I COULD'VE been playing piano, or reading, or just simply doing other things like that that are productive. (Now for you people out there who think piano, and reading, etc. are wastes of time and are for those who have no lives, I'll get to you later)

So, for you teachers out there, or peers who are going to be in the future, just remember to not give worthless assignments, because they are wastes of time, and take up other, valuable time. They drive students (Well, I'm not sure if other people have this problem...) up the WALL!!

No comments: