Sunday, January 25, 2009

Flattery

I don't know how this topic came into my head. Perhaps it was one too many looks at that page of persuasive topics in Mr. Thompsons class. Maybe I'm doing it just to flatter the teachers.

Teachers should get paid more. Outrageous right? I figured since my sister is majoring in elementary education, I should finally warm up to teachers....

Why SHOULDN'T teachers get paid more? Without today's teachers, there wouldn't be tomorrow's future. Most of us don't know how hard teachers work. I have a hint of it, because of my sister, and because I've gone to some of my teachers' classes well after school ended to see them still working at their desks. Teachers really deserve more: They work tediously, selflessly, for the good of their students, and they make us what we are.

Teachers (well, MOST teachers...) care more about their students than they do themselves. They would take an hour of time out of their work to help their students understand a concept, or help them get their grades that half a percent higher to acheive an A.

Without our teachers today, we wouldn't be like this nation is today. Teachers are what makes up the lives that keep our government going, and what care for the citizens. We should treat them as we do the doctors or lawyers that we hold in such high esteem.

No comments: