Sunday, January 25, 2009

For Those Who Think Anything That's Not "Playing" Is A Waste Of Time......

For those of you (as I mentioned before) who think piano, and reading, and other things like that are wastes of time, YOU BETTER READ THIS, BECAUSE I'M NOT JUST WRITING 1000 WORDS FOR NOTHING!

It's another one of my biggest pet peeves when, when I say I play piano a couple hours a day, they laugh and say that I have no life. So I'll just go on thinking, when you grow up and have a mediocre job, and I'm a concert pianist, or doctor, or lawyer, or business manager, I'm the one who's gong to be laughing at you, bub!!!!! I'll be going, "get a REAL life". Things like that aren't wastes of time, because they will help you later on in life!

In the future, when you apply for a scholarship, (and if you think that is a waste, you need to sort our your priorities..) anything will help. That includes piano, Rhapsody, Science Olympiad, reading, and most certainly not "hanging out with friends". I'm not saying that we shouldn't hang with friends, I'm just saying we should balance the time. (Or, in my case, unfortunately, it's 99% "productive work" and 1 mere percent of play............grrr....parents....) And what you make out of yourself in college and your job is what your life is all going to depend on.

1 comment:

Shanda Lier said...

Trust me, it just gets worse in high school. But just like you said, when you grow up you'll be the one laughing.