Sunday, May 31, 2009

Well, it looks like my last blog was totally in vain...

One of the things I want to talk about in THIS blog would be my annoyance of the school district to decide to split the Junior High into two high schools. What does that do?? Splitting all of the students, for the sole reason of boundaries and distance, isn't a good idea, as the ninth graders need the support from the friends they've had three years to make!! In the future, I really hope they change that boundary majiggr.....

I'd actually like to post this poem I found in my english class. Pretty good...

Smile
Barbara Hauck

She smiled at a sorrowful stranger.
The smile seemed to make him feel better.
He remembered past kindnesses of a friend
and wrote him a thank-you letter.

The friend was so pleased with the thank-you
that he left a large tip after lunch.
The waitress, surprised by the size of the tip,
bet the whole thing on a hunch.

The next day she picked up her winnings,
and gave part to a man on the street.
The man on the street was grateful;
For two days he'd had nothing to eat.

After he finished his dinner,
he left for his small dingy room.
(He didn't know at that moment
that he might be facing his doom.)

On the way he picked up a shivering puppy
and took him home to get warm.
The puppy was very grateful
to be in out of the storm.

That night the house caught on fire.
The puppy barked the alarm.
He barked 'til he woke the whole household
and saved everybody from harm.

One of the boys that he rescued
grew up to be President.
All this because of a simple smile
that hadn't cost a cent.



I really liked this poem, because this is pretty much exactly what this world needs. We all don't realize that if every one of us helps out even in the teeniest way, we can change the world so greatly.

And here's just another random poem.

Sharpen, Sharpen, Sharpen
Sharpen, sharpen, sharpen.
I crank the handle fast.
Sharpen, sharpen, sharpen.
Until it's sharp at last.

Scribble, scribble, scribble.
Hey wait! It still won't write.
Sharpen, sharpen, sharpen.
I crank with all my might.

Sharpen, sharpen, sharpen.
It must be done, I guess.
Scribble, scribble, dribble.
Oh goodness, what a mess!

Darn it, darn it, darn it.
I guess I'll start again.
Teacher! Teacher! Teacher!
I need another pen.
--Kenn Nesbitt


Last words....

Well, as this is (really, this time) the last time I'm going to be "blog"ing, i'd just like to say goodbye, and I'll miss you all, thanks for replying (you can take that sarcastically if you want), and see you in high school if you're going to the one i'm going.

I'll miss you all!

2 comments:

Panda Girl said...

Hey I read your blogs... sometimes... :) Those are both good poems, but I really like the first one. Shows how one little smile can make all the difference! And pshh... you're not going to the same school as me next year :(. And there's a PANDA by the side of your blog!! haha :) Keep on writing... just because Honors English is over doesn't mean you can't still blog!

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'll see you next year. I've followed your blog for about a month and a half now and you would probably like to know that I've read what you've written in that time. So don't feel too bad about not having any readers, because you did have some readers. :)