Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day of the Play

In our French class, the third years have to prepare French plays, and perform with the Spanish class (who, obiously, prepare Spanish plays) for a whole school day! The plays were about a month ago, and it was probably one of the most rushed and stressful days of my month! I'll tell you why.

Unfortunately, the day of the play was on a monday, and, as we all know, mondays are the most likely days to forget about important events, due to the stressless and fun weekend. Well, the day started out pretty casually, with me getting up and doing my usual stuff. I left home at about 7:30, which is when I usually depart, and I went to my first period class (science) and just chilled.

Well, being the careless person that I am ( XD ), I didn't realize why so many people were gone from our class, and it wasn't until some minutes into reading time when two of my friends entered into the room, with their French costumes on, looking at me like some maniac; I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE PLAYS!

Now, the last day of the week before the day of the play, friday, we were practicing in the activity room, and since I had finished all of my parts, and I had nothing left to do except wait and wait for the bell to ring so I could go to lunch, I had decided to leave early as some people had already. Little did I know that before class ended, during the period that I was gone, the teacher had told us to come about an hour and a half earlier on the day of the play - monday. Although there were texts going around, and Facebook was smothered with reminders, I still didn't know about coming early on Monday.

So, after my two friends came in to get me, I sprinted down to the activity room, to find that the whole class was already dressed up in their costumes. I wasn't in my costume, and the plays were starting in about ten minutes!! Talk about STRESSFUL!

Surprisingly, though, I wasn't the only one who forgot. Another friend, who played two parts in our four French plays also forgot, and we were both in the same situation.

But, although the day was crammed, and I had to make up a ton of homework, not to mention a test I had to take in Algebra II, the day went by quickly, and it was a blast. The plays went well, and we were all very pleased. It was a highlight of the class!

No comments: